CASSC Charity Ball – Saturday April 25th. Imperial Hotel. Tickets are hot property. If interested in going, get in touch with someone from CASSC soon.
For more information on the discounts available to CASS-C Discount Cardholders, click on the card above!
Past Events – 2013
CASS-C Annual Charity Ball 2013
Click on the flier above to register for the 2013 Charity Ball online!
CASS-C Discount Card Launch
Some exciting news for CASS-C members….we will be launching the new membership discount card at the careers event and quiz on Thur 28 Feb (see further details below).
Stay tuned for more details!
CASSC, CACS and Morgan McKinley Get You Thinking 2013
CACS (Chartered Accountants Cork Society) and Morgan McKinley are hosting a Careers & CV Bootcamp Evening on Thursday the 28th of February between 6pm and 7.30pm in the Clarion Hotel, Lapps Quay, Cork and would like to invite all those recently finished contracts and those who are sitting FAE’s to attend.
There will be three guest speakers on the night, two from industry and one from practice, followed by a meet and greet with Morgan McKinley, in the form of a mini boot-camp. The evening will provide an insight into working in different sectors of industry and practice and will offer advice to young professionals, on their short and long term employment decisions. Attendees will also have the opportunity to sign up for full boot-camp sessions with Morgan McKinley.
Sign up for the event HERE!
CASS-C will be hosting a quiz in Soberlane on the same evening which is kicking off at 8pm.
The cost is €10 per person (ideally on teams of four) which will cover a charity donation (in aid of “Aware”) food and a few drinks.
There are great prizes for the winning team along with runner up prizes and other fantastic spot prizes on the night for our charity raffle – including tickets to the CASS-C Ball, which is scheduled for the earlier date of April 27th 2013 (Save the Date! More details to be announced shortly!)
After the resounding success of the quiz nights over the last few years, this year is sure to be a night not to be missed!
We’ve a newly formed Twitter account so be sure to follow us @CASSCork for further updates.
CASS-C will also be running a number of other events in the coming months, check back for further updates.
- CASSC Quiz Night / Careers Event
Chartered Accountants Cork Society are running a careers night on Thursdays the 1st of March 2012 in the Clarion Hotel in Cork City to give students an opportunity to expand opinions of Chartered Accounting both here and abroad. They have invited students from the student society to attend on the night. Speakers will include:
Karen Lannigan – CAI
Colette Nagle – Practice Based
Damian Blake – Industry Based
More details to follow and speakers to be added in due course. The evening will kick off at 6pm and is being run in conjunction with CASSC Quiz night that will take place the same evening.
The quiz will kick off at half eight and promises to be a great evening based on previous years events.
More details to follow soon…
- C’heart’ered Accountants Healthy Heart Day
CASSC & CASC are happy to announce the Cork Society’s participation in the overall event has been confirmed. A 5km social run / walk will take place on the 20th April 2012 starting at Centre PArk Road, City side at 6.30pm and will finish at Victoria Road by the Sextant Bar. This is all in aid of the ‘Irish Heart Foundation’ so get out there and support a worthwhile cause while looking after your heart at the same time!
- A social event is being hosted by the Chartered Accountants Cork Society after the event in the Sextant Bar in Cork City.
- Hope to see ye all there! Further information on the full day can be found here: http://www.cassi.ie/wp/healthy-heart-day/
- You can register for the event there or else visit the Charity Day website here: http://www.charteredaccountants.ie/charityday/
- September – Treasure HuntCASS-C will be holding a treasure hunt around cork city after the FAE’s in September. The night has been run in the past with huge success and while the brains of many students may have switched off after exams, you will need your wits about you to follow clues from pub to pub to find your destination. ‘Like’ us on facebook to get more details on the night.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chartered-Accountants-Students-Society-Cork-CASSC/153314354709440
- October – Charity Ball – 22/10/2011The Chartered Accountants Student Society Cork have held their annual charity ball in the Silversprings Hotel in Cork over the last number of years, with huge success. Since its launch it has gone from strength to strength with upwards of 100 people in attendance last year.This year promises to be no different with a champagne reception and pianist on arrival and great raffle prizes to be won, all in the aid of local charities. Tickets will be going on sale soon and are sure to be sold out quickly so keep in tough with us here or on our facebook page for further updates.
- Tag Rugby – In Cork Con – begins 28/07/2011Tag rugby has been a huge sensation over the past number of years and this year CASSC will be represented to show that us accountants are not just good with numbers! The autumn league is beginning in Cork Constitution rugby club on Thursday the 28th of July and will run for a number of weeks. Anyone interested in taking part please contact one of the committee members on CASS as soon as you can.Good way to work on the fitness and meet new people. All levels of skill are catered for.
- December – Christmas PartyTo round off the year CASS-C will be holding a Christmas event in December. The night will be a themed event and a great chance for a night out with friends & colleagues before we break for the Christmas holidays. So why not come show your support for your regional society and keep up to date on our facebook page.
- February Pub QuizCASS-C in association with the senior Chartered Accounts Cork Society ran a very successful pub quiz on the 24th of February in Mulligans Bar in Cork. The event ran in conjunction with a careers night held by CACS with numerous high profile speakers giving an insight into the life of a Chartered Accountant. Over 100 were in attendance for the quiz and it proved a great evening. See a few pictures below.For more see our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chartered-Accountants-Students-Society-Cork-CASSC/153314354709440
- Summer BBQThe Summer BBQ was a great night out with between 90-100 in attendance on the night. There is nothing better then a few burnt sausages to give that summer feeling. You can see some of our pictures below, many more on our Facebook site